In the mid ’60s, after hearing God’s call to ministry, Narayan Nair, his wife Savita, and two young children traveled to Australia so he could attend AFCI’s Illawarra Bible College. Narayan, who converted from Hinduism to Christianity, had a longtime dream to establish a similar college in his homeland of Fiji. This dream was conceived from a heartfelt desire to train and equip others to spread the Gospel throughout the thousands of South-Pacific islands.
His dream came true in 1974 when The Fiji College of Theology and Evangelism (FCTE) opened. This fully accredited seminary has grown steadily each year.
Fiji Bible College
With the focus on teaching and equipping saints to spread the gospel throughout the South Pacific, Narayan implemented two strategies to complement the school’s accredited Undergraduate Degree program:
- A Graduate Program, which offers students with a Bachelor degree the opportunity for higher education without leaving the region.
- Correspondence Courses and Off-Campus Programs, which provide flexibility to students unable to live away from home during their studies.
- Other programs, specifically designed to ensure the gospel’s flow to the farthest corners of the region, have been hugely successful as well:
- Pastor Training Seminars and Deeper Life Conferences have been developed to provide support, encouragement, and continuing education to pastors and lay leaders.
- Mass Evangelistic Events are conducted by AFCI and in partnership with other groups like The Billy Graham Association.
- A Literature Department supports the efforts of each evangelist as they work in their specific ministry setting by providing, among other things, translation of Christian media into the many native languages of this region.
- A Library, funded by supporters of AFCI, is the most recent addition to FCTE.
Today, Narayan’s original dream has provided training for more than 10,000 men and women in the name of the Lord. The outflow of FCTE students and their commitment to spread the Gospel in their homelands continue to impact large portions of this region.
In addition to his efforts with FCTE, Naryan Nair, AFCI’s National Director of AFCI-South Pacific, also leads a large team of dedicated Nationals in Ministry throughout this region. Many of these are former students who share his vision to change all the South Pacific for Christ.
Fiji Bible College Prayer Requests:
- The graduate program in August.
- The First Saturday Youth rally.
- The College examinations due in two weeks.
- The enrollment for next year.
- The government’s recognition of the College.
- The staff, their families and the students.
- The Lord’s provision for our daily needs.